Bike Map - Sprint Course and Super Sprint Course - shared courses/ 1map
The bike course is the same for both distances – one clockwise loop or two loops.
The course will be on the following roads, creating a clockwise bicycle course around Hampton Ponds State Park, leaving via the South gate.
· Right turn onto North Road
· Right turn onto Long Pond Rd
· Straight through stop sign on Pequot/ Old Stage onto Middle Road
· Right turn on East St
· Right turn on County Road and
Right turn on North Rd (Rte 202) – back to State Park Main Entrance (or to Long Pond Rd for loop 2)
Run Map - Toggle course(s) to see detail
The run course is an out and back for both distances – and they overlap one another. The short course leaves the State Park on Apremont Way only. The runners will head West in the park onto Apremont Way, past the West Gate, past the boat ramp and the short course will loop back and retrace route and long course athletes will continue:
• Right turn onto Long Pond Rd
• Straight through stop sign on Pequot/ Old Stage onto Middle Road
• Left turn onto Old Colony Rd – short out and back – (athletes will be checked to ensure not lost on course at this point)
• Right turn onto Middle Road
• Straight through stop sign on Pequot/ Old Stage onto Long Pond Rd
• Left turn onto Apremont Way and return to State Park via the West Gate.
Individual and Relay Options available
Sprint Distance Triathlon: 0.3 mile open water swim/ 13 mile bike/ 3 mile run.
Sprint Aqua Bike: 0.3 mile open water swim/ 13 mile bike
Sprint Splash and Dash: 0.3 mile open water swim/ 3 mile run.
Sprint Distance Duathlon: 0.3 mile run/ 13 mile bike/ 3 mile run.
Super Sprint Distance Triathlon: 300 yd open water swim/ 6.3 mile bike/ 1 mile run
Super Sprint Distance Duathlon: 300 yd run/ 6.3 mile bike/ 1 mile run